This section of the website provides detailed information for students undertaking Year 11 and Year 12 including an overview of SACE subjects and Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses.
In choosing a career, you are going to make some important decisions….
- What subjects do you need to take in Years 11 and 12 that will best suit your chosen tertiary or vocational pathway and keep options open?
- What career areas are you interested in?
- What after school (tertiary) pathways will enable you to achieve your career goals?
The choice of a career path is one of the most important decisions you will make. Statistics show that you are likely to have on average 4 to 5 career changes in your lifetime and that ‘up-skilling’ to provide yourself with a broad skill base is essential in improving employability. The selection of Year 11 and 12 subjects and subsequent completion of the SACE is an important step towards reaching your future goals.
Like any important decision, reading lots and researching potential career choice options, talking with family, friends and teachers is absolutely necessary. Ultimately this is your responsibility!
Subject information, tertiary pathways and recommended reading.
- Introduction to the SACE
- Recommended Reading List
- Stage 1 Subjects
- Stage 2 Subjects
- Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- College Career and Course Advisers
- What you need to do – 3 Simple Steps
- Tertiary Pathways
If you have any questions about this information, please contact Dr Davis your SACE Coordinator by phone on 8341 5133 or email email@example.com
Dr Adam Davis, Deputy Principal – Secondary SACE Coordinator