Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of one semester of Year 10 Visual Art. A strong interest in Art is essential.
Students will undertake learning and assessment in the following areas:
- Visual thinking – Developing an A3 Folio of drawing and ideas
- Practical Resolution – A high quality finished Artwork
- Visual Arts in Context – Theoretical Research and Art History
In this subject, students are expected to:
- conceive, develop, and make work(s) of art or design that reflect the development of personal visual ideas
- demonstrate visual thinking through the development and evaluation of ideas and explorations in technical skills with media, materials and technologies
- apply technical skills in using media, materials, and technologies to solve problems and resolve work(s) of art or design
- communicate knowledge and understanding of their own and other practitioners’ works of art or design
- analyse, interpret, and respond to visual arts in cultural, social, and/or historical contexts
Stage 2 Visual Art. Further study options at tertiary level in Arts and/or other humanities, design courses.