Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per Semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 Photography or Film and Multi-Media.
Students design and create products or systems that meet a design brief, and develop the knowledge and skills associated with using different processes and production techniques. They combine their designing and creating skills with knowledge and understanding of materials, information, and equipment to make high-quality products. Digital Photography involves the use of materials such as symbols, signs, images, sound, or other data to design and make products that communicate information.
Examples of contexts for communication products include:
In this subject, students are expected to:
- investigate the purpose, design concepts, processes, and production techniques of existing products
- create, test, validate, modify, and communicate design ideas for an identified need, problem, or challenge
- apply appropriate knowledge and understanding of skills, processes, procedures, and techniques to a range of technological activities
- evaluate the product development and outcome with reference to the design brief
- analyse the impact of technological practices, products, on individuals, society, and/or the environment.
Stage 2 Digital Photography. The pathway benefits for this subject include anything in the media industry, from graphic design, film, visual effects and games. Students will be exposed to a variety of Adobe applications, often used in industry standard work and the main software used in TAFE and University courses that are centred on this topic.