Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 English at a minimum B grade achievement level.
Students will undertake learning and assessment in the following areas:
Responding to Texts
- The Importance of Being Earnest (play) – Oscar Wilde
- Poetry – Student Negotiated
- The Road (novel) – Cormac McCarthy
- Macbeth (play) – William Shakespeare
- Spoken Word
- About a Boy (novel) – Nick Hornby
- About a Boy (film) – Chris and Paul Wiez
- Student Negotiated texts
In this subject, students are expected to:
- analyse relationships between purpose, audience, and context, and how these influence texts and their meaning
- identify ways in which ideas and perspectives are represented in texts
- analyse how language and stylistic features and conventions are used to convey ideas and perspectives in texts
- create oral, written, and/or multimodal texts for particular purposes, audiences, and contexts
- identify and analyse intertextual connections
- apply knowledge and understanding of accurate spelling, punctuation, syntax, and conventions
Stage 2 English Literary Studies; Admission to any university course, especially language rich subjects and English majors at tertiary level and for TAFE studies.