Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 English or equivalent.
Students will undertake learning and assessment in the following areas:
Responding to Text Types such as:
- Short Story
Creating Text Types such as:
- Workplace text
- Descriptive writing
- Informative text
In this subject, students are expected to:
- develop communication skills through reading, viewing, writing, listening, and speaking
- comprehend information, ideas, and perspectives in texts selected from social, cultural, community, workplace, and/or imagined contexts
- identify and analyse how the structure and language of texts varies for different purposes, audiences, and contexts
- express information, ideas, and perspectives using a range of textual conventions
- create oral, written, and/or multimodal texts appropriate for purpose and audience in real and/or imagined contexts.
Students can study Essential English at Stage 2 level. Essential English is a useful preparation for all courses, especially Arts and Humanities at tertiary level and for TAFE studies, as well as providing preparation for effective communication in the workplace.