Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Students should have proven their commitment to Physical Education.
Students undertake studies in each of the focus areas. The focus areas provide the narrative for the knowledge, skills and capabilities that students develop.
Learning is delivered through an integrative approach where opportunities are provided for students to undertake, and learn through, a wide range of physical activities.
- In Movement
- Through Movement
- About Movement
In this subject, students are expected to:
- apply knowledge and understanding of movement concepts and strategies in physical activity
- reflect on movement concepts and strategies in physical activity
- apply communication and collaborative skills in physical activity contexts
- explore and analyse evidence related to physical activity
- reflect on and apply feedback to improve participation and/or performance in physical activity
- communicate using subject specific terminology in a variety of modes.
Stage 2 Physical Education; Provides essential background for the study of Physical Education and Sports Science as well as TAFE Recreation and Sport courses.