Stage 1 – Year 11
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 History.
Students undertake the following topics that explore the changes within the world since 1750:
- Indigenous Peoples
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and explore historical concepts
- understand and explore the role of ideas, people, and events in history
- analyse developments and/or movements in the modern world, and their short-term and long-term impacts
- analyse ways in which societies in the modern world have been shaped by both internal and external forces and challenges
- apply the skills of historical inquiry to examine and evaluate sources and interpretations, and support arguments
- draw conclusions and communicate reasoned historical arguments
Stage 2 History. Future careers in historical research and writing, teaching, journalism, librarianship and archival management, government agencies, museums, cultural heritage and tourism, business administration, politics and publishing.