Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Completion of Year 10 Mathematics. This subject provides opportunities for students to meet the numeracy requirement of the SACE and to gain additional numeracy support for their studies and future pathways. Students extend their mathematical skills in ways that apply to practical problem-solving in everyday and workplace contexts.
Stage 1 Essential Mathematics consists of the following topics:
- Calculations, Time and Ratio
- Earning and Spending
- Data in Context
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understanding mathematical information and concepts
- apply mathematical skills and techniques to solve practical problems in everyday contexts
- develop skills in gathering, representing, analysing, and interpreting data relevant to everyday contexts
- interpret results and use mathematical reasoning to draw conclusions and consider the appropriateness of solutions
- make discerning use of electronic technology
- communicate mathematically and present mathematical information in a variety of ways.
Developing mathematical skills for application in VET, apprenticeships and employment