Stage 2 – Year 11 or 12
Does this Subject include an exam?
Work Experience in the relevant industry and/or recommendation by VET Coordinator.
This is a practical course with students learning how to care for, interact and work with young children. On completion of this Certificate, students qualify to work in the childcare industry. This Certificate is well suited to students who have a genuine interest in caring for children including those who are thinking about pursuing a career in teaching.
This Certificate includes 15 units, covering topics such as:
- support behaviour of children and young people
- provide care for babies and toddlers
- provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
It also includes Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting First Aid HLTAID004 Certificate.
Many of the skills acquired in this industry are in demand around Australia and internationally
- 1 day per week at the Portside Christian College Trade Training Centre (Tuesday) plus 120 hours of work placement
- Full Year Course
Child Care Worker, Nanny, Team Leader, Director, After Hours Care, Early Childhood/Primary School Teacher.
- Full completion of this certificate contributes towards an ATAR