Stage 2 – Year 12
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of at least one Semester of Stage 1 PE recommended.
The course consists of three focus areas:
- In Movement: Through movement experiences, students must engage in thoughtful participation where internal reflection and articulation of learning progress can be established
- Through Movement: Education ‘through’ physical activity is about students using movement to achieve the goals of 21st-century education, including personal, intellectual and social skill development.
- About Movement: Education ‘about’ physical activity enables students to develop theoretical knowledge to understand the richness and diversity of movement experiences.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- apply knowledge and understanding of movement concepts and strategies in physical activity using subject-specific terminology
- apply feedback and implement strategies to improve participation and/or performance in physical activity
- reflect on and evaluate participation and/or performance improvement
- apply communication and collaborative skills in physical activity contexts
- analyse and evaluate evidence related to physical activity
- evaluate implemented strategies and make recommendations for future directions
Stage 2 Physical Education; Provides essential background for the tertiary study of Human Movement, Sport and Clinical Exercise Science as well as TAFE Recreation and Sport courses.