Stage 2 – Year 12
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of at least one Semester of Stage 1 Psychology at C standard is recommended.
The subject consists of the following six topics:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social Cognition
- Psychobiology of Altered States of Awareness
- Healthy Minds
In this subject students are expected to:
- describe the factors that cause psychological differences and similarities between people and give examples of how these factors affect the behaviour of self, others, and groups
- search for, evaluate, and organise psychological information and use language effectively to communicate key ideas, understandings, processes, and values in a range of contexts
- demonstrate an understanding of ethical research be designing, undertaking, and evaluating guided investigations
- make informed decisions about issues, events, and situations in society by applying relevant psychological principles and ethics and Christian values
- demonstrate critical reflection and organisation in the application of psychological principles, taking into account ethical and Christian considerations
- analyse the behaviours of self, other individuals, and groups of people in different contexts in a way that recognises the values of independence and interdependence and dependence on God
- undertake a variety of roles while working as a member of a team to achieve individual and shared goals
University options including Psychology and Teaching professions.