- Physical Education (PE) is compulsory for all Foundation to Year 10 students.
- A written explanation from parents is required if a student is not able to participate. The explanation must be emailed and needs to include the specific reason for non-participation from a parent/guardian.
- PE uniform may be worn on days when PE classes are held only.
- The College Primary and Secondary Sport Carnivals are held in Term 1 at the Port Adelaide athletics fields, students walk from the College to this event. This is a compulsory event for all students who are provided opportunities to participate. Students are to wear their Sport uniform and encouraged to wear a coloured sport top to represent their house team. House tops are available from the College Uniform Shop or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teams are selected from inter-house sports events or trials to compete against other schools in carnivals organised by the South Australian Christian Schools Association (SACSA), the South Australian Public Schools Amateur Sports Association (SAPSASA), and Secondary School Sport SA (SSSSA).
- The carnivals are offered in a range of sport codes communicated to parents in Term 1.
- These carnivals are conducted during school days at various times.
- Updates on Sports are available on the College Website
- Representative school teams take part in the regional sports including; Netball, Basketball, Soccer, Cricket and Aussie Rules.
- The representative College teams are advertised through the College Information letter.
- Parents nominate at the beginning of the year if they would like their child to be on a representative school team.
- Teams play outside of College hours and are managed and coached by approved parent volunteers.
- Parents who are skilled in a sport and are willing to coach or manage a team are encouraged to advise Administration as their volunteer induction process must be completed prior to the commencement of the season.
The DC06 Code of Conduct for Sporting Teams applies to all sporting activities and events.
Related Links and Policies