Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per Semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 Business and/or Civics and Citizenship.
Students undertake up to two key contexts and four learning strands.
Key contexts are:
- start-up business
- existing business
Options topics include
- finding and solving problems
- financial awareness and decision-making
- business information and communication
- global, local and digital connections
In this subject, students are expected to:
- explore problems and generate possible solutions to meet customer problems or needs using a customer-focused approach
- develop and apply financial awareness and decision-making skills using assumption based planning tools
- respond to and apply business and financial information to develop and communicate business models and evaluate the effectiveness of these models
- analyse the responsibilities and impact of business models on local and global communities
- explore and analyse opportunities presented by digital and emerging technologies in business contexts
- apply communication and collaborative skills in business contexts
Stage 2 Business Innovation provides a range of skills and knowledge for students who may wish to run their own business or business knowledge and skills to function more effectively in society. This course provides students with preparation and understanding of the business environment for further study at University or TAFE in business related areas.