Stage 1 – Year 11
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 History.
Students undertake the following topics:
- Understanding ancient history
- Art, architecture, and technology
- Warfare and conquest
- Beliefs, rituals, and Mythology
In this subject, students are expected to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the nature of historical and/or archaeological evidence
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of texts, artefacts, ideas, events and/or people
- understand life in the ancient world, including beliefs, attitudes and/or values
- apply inquiry skills to analyse and evaluate sources and perspectives, and synthetise evidence
- research and understand the ideas and innovations that emerged from the ancient world, and consider their influence
- communicate ideas and arguments, using subject specific language
Stage 2 History. Future careers in archaeology, classical studies, historical research and writing, teaching, journalism, librarianship and archival management, government agencies, museums, cultural heritage and tourism, business administration, politics and publishing.