Stage 1 – Year 11
10 per semester
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of Year 10 Mathematics at a minimum C grade achievement level.
Students extend theory mathematical skills in ways that apply to practical problem solving and mathematical modelling in everyday contexts. Students can select from the following six topics:
- Investing and Borrowing
- Statistical Investigation
- Applications of Trigonometry
- Linear and Exponential Functions and their Graphs
- Matrices and Networks
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand mathematical concepts and relationships
- investigate and analyse mathematical information in a variety of contexts
- select and apply the mathematical techniques and algorithms to analyse and solve problems, including forming and testing predictions
- interpret results, draw conclusions, and consider the reasonableness of solutions in context
- communicate mathematically and present mathematical information in a variety of ways
- make discerning use of electronic technology
Stage 2 General Mathematics. Provide students skills necessary for employment in business and apprenticeship areas, building and construction, aquaculture, agriculture, retail, office management, and visual arts.