Stage 2 – Year 12
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of at least one semester of Stage 1 Visual Art – Art at a minimum B grade.
Consists of three areas of study:
- Visual thinking
- Practical Resolution
- Visual Arts in Context
In this subject, students are expected to:
- conceive, develop, and make work(s) of art or design that reflect individuality and the development and communication of a personal visual aesthetic
- demonstrate visual thinking through the development and evaluation of ideas and explorations in technical skills with media, materials, and technologies
- apply technical skills in using media, materials, technologies, and processes to solve problems and resolve works of art or design
- communicate knowledge and understanding of their own works and the connections between their own and other practitioners works of art or design
- analyse, interpret, and respond to visual arts in cultural, social, and/or historical contexts
- develop inquiry skills to explore visual arts issues, ideas, concepts, processes, techniques and questions
Tertiary Visual Art and/or other humanities/arts/design courses.