Stage 2 – Year 12
Does this subject include an exam?
Minimum of C grade in Stage 1 English or B grade in Stage 1 Essential English required.
Students will undertake three content areas:
Responding to Texts such as:
- Song Lyrics
- Short Story
Creating texts such as:
- Instructional Text
- Advocacy Text
- Exposition (Advertisement)
- The language study focuses on the use of language by people in a context outside of the classroom.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- extend communication skills through reading, viewing, writing, listening, and speaking
- consider and respond to information, ideas, and perspectives in texts selected from social, cultural, community, workplace, and/or imaginative contexts
- examine the effect of language choices, conventions, and stylistic features in a range of texts for different audiences
- analyse the role of language in supporting effective communication
- create oral, written, and multimodal texts that communicate information, ideas, and perspectives for a range of purposes.
Essential English can be used for admission to any university course and it is useful preparation for the workplace or TAFE studies.