Stage 2 – Year 12
Does this subject include an exam?
Successful completion of at least one semester of Stage 1 History or Stage 1 Ancient Studies at minimum C grade is recommended
Students undertake topics from the following:
- Modern Nations – Germany (1918-48)
- The Changing World Order (1945 – ) – Cold War and Its Consequences
In this subject, students are expected to:
- understand and explore historical concepts
- understand and explore the role of ideas, people, and events in history
- analyse ways in which the development of modern world has been shaped by both internal and external forces and challenges
- analyse interactions and relationships in the modern world, and their short- and long-term impacts on national, regional, and/or international development
- apply the skills of historical inquiry to examine and evaluate sources and interpretations, and support arguments
- draw conclusions and communicate reasoned historical arguments
History or Humanities/Arts degrees in Tertiary Study.
History also provides an opportunity to develop empathy, broaden worldview and evaluate perspectives, useful in most areas of life.