The main universities in Adelaide, South Australia are:
- Charles Darwin University
- CQ University Australia
- Flinders University
- South Australian Institute of Business and Technology
- The University of Adelaide
- Torrens University Adelaide
- University of South Australia
Eligible students will apply to any of these institutions through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC) at https://www.satac.edu.au/. To be eligible for selection into these university courses/programs, students must:
- Qualify for the SACE
- Obtain a required Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR). For more information on: ATAR calculation and scaling go to https://www.satac.edu.au/pages/calculating-the-university-aggregate-and-atar and scaling https://www.satac.edu.au/pages/scaling
- Meet any prerequisite subject requirements for the course/program. Typically courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Science, Mathematical, Computing and Information Technology degrees require prerequisite subjects to be completed in Year 12. To access this information, for the above universities go to SATAC course search
A number of university programs also list SACE subjects as ‘Assumed Knowledge’. These subjects indicate the academic background that is assumed of students entering the program. However, while desirable, these subjects are not required for admission into the course/program.
To be eligible for selection into most other undergraduate-entry university programs in Australia, the ATAR is the primary criterion for entry. However, for some interstate programs, an adjusted equivalent ATAR is calculated and/or different prerequisite subject(s) may apply, for example Year 12 English.
Please check with the relevant interstate Tertiary Admission Centres if interstate tertiary study is a possibility for you.
Go to https://www.vtac.edu.au/applying/66-general-information/general-information/255-tacs.html for links to other interstate tertiary admission centres.