Do your research:
- Visit Recommended reading list page
- Collect Relevant brochures
- Attend Career and Subject Expo’s
- Speak with your teachers, College course and career advisers, family and friends!
Five key considerations in your choice:
- CAREER GOALS – narrow down your interest to potential industry areas, not necessarily specific jobs
- PATHWAYS – identify whether a university or pathway (eg TAFE or another RTO) or a blend of the two if necessary to achieve your career goal(s).
- University entrance score (ATAR): A minimum of four 20 credit stage 2 subjects or course equivalents is required.
- INTERESTS – choose subjects that genuinely interest you.
- ABILITIES – choose subjects you are capable of doing well.
- PREREQUISITES – certain university courses require you to have studied particular subject(s) in Year 12.
Complete your Subject Selection
Your College Career and Course Adviser is available to discuss your selections with you.